How we Deliver Products to Your Door
Deliveries of packs weighing up to 30kg are made to your door using a standard carrier.
The following restrictions apply to pallet deliveries:
- Pallet deliveries can only be made to the kerbside.
- Delivery vehicles are not able to access driveways due to insurance restrictions. A heavy lorry can cause damage to block paving, grass verges etc and our delivery company won’t risk this by manoeuvring into your driveway.
- Neither the delivery company nor Kingfisher Fuels can accept liability for any damage to private property that occurs in the course of a delivery. If you allow the delivery vehicle to access your private property, it is at your own risk.
- For standard town/suburban addresses, this means the driver will pull along side the property and then use a manual pump truck to place the pallet in a safe position on the kerbside.
- For rural addresses, this may mean the pallet needs to be left at the end of your driveway, or in another suitable place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the driver be able to put the pallet in my garage for me?
No. The driver is contracted to deliver to the kerbside only, so it’s up to the individual driver if he/she is able or willing to wheel the pallet closer to where you would like it.
The drivers are on a tight schedule and won’t always have the time to spend wheeling the pallet long distances, onto driveways or into garages etc.
Pallets are also very heavy and the driver will not be able to wheel a tonne of wood fuel on anything other than flat, level concrete or tarmac. It isn’t possible to move pallets on gravel, grass, cobbles or slopes.
Will the driver help me unload the pallet?
No. The driver is contracted to deliver the pallet to the kerbside only. They will not be able to help you unpack the pallet and put the briquettes or logs away as they are on a tight schedule.
If you’re worried about being able to unload the packs yourself, you may want to arrange for a friend or relative to be there to help you.
If your delivery doesn’t go according to plan because of access restrictions to your property, and you have not told us about this when ordering, the haulier will recharge for a second delivery.
Any additional costs will be charged to you, so please make sure you are happy that a large vehicle can access your premises and that you understand delivery is kerbside only.